Monday, October 4, 2010

Vineyard Run

This is race was at the Delaney Vineyards in Grapevine. This was our second year to run this race. My mom had a goal of winning another wine glass so that she would have a pair. She came in first place in her age group. Way to go Mom! This race was not a personal record for me in time but I ran this race the whole 3.1 miles up and down the hills. At one point I wanted to stop and walk and my mind was trying to convince me that I needed a walk break. I told myself that I had come this far without stopping that I could finish the race without a walk break. My finish time was 40:04:21 chip time, 40:40:24 gun time or 40:12 Nike plus bracelet.

This was taken after the race inside the Delaney Vineyard.
My mom and I had to pose for a picture by the vineyard.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Great job! That is such a mental hurdle, not taking a walk break.

Reckless said...

Nice to see you in the blogosphere. I didn't realize you were here!