Saturday, April 23, 2011

Running Mom's Rock 5K Race Report

My mom and dad came out to cheer me on and take pictures. Thanks Mom and Dad for the pictures and support!
The race started right out in front of Barnes and Nobles up at the shops of Highland Village or also known in our house as the shops. We circled around the parking lot and then headed out on to a path and through a neighborhood and then back around and the race ended at the street behind Barnes and Nobles right in front of the movie theater. It was a fun race because I saw a couple of friends which makes more fun to be running a race with friends. My mom was signed up to for this race but had hurt her back and didn't want to run in the race to cause more problems. It was very humid and hot which made it a hard course. I walked a lot in this race due to that and also just getting over a respiratory illness. After the race we went and had dinner at Rockfish on their patio while waiting for the awards ceremony and also the raffle drawing.



The start line up:



Here I am making the turn on the street. I was supporting my local gym TUF (www.tufbodies.com)





This is the race shirt a black tech shirt. I also got a running hat that says running mom rocks! ( kind of appropriate since I am a mom)



There was a photo booth that was letting people get free pictures done. Here is my mom , dad and me.







No comments: