Sunday, September 18, 2011

Run for the Children 5K Race

This was the logo on the shirt. The race benefits Scottish Rite Hospital and also does scholarships for children in Lewisville ISD (last year they gave out four scholarships).

The Lewisville Grand Theater with the sun coming up.



So this was my 8th 5k race that I have done this year since I joined for the Bling of it challenge which was to run 12 races in a year. So I didn't have to travel very far and I did this race with my mom. We had done this race in 2009 so we weren't aware that they changed the route which had a lot more hills on the course. I ran some of it but mostly walked it because my hip was hurting me but I think that I may be close to not having my hip hurt so we will see how that goes. Through out the race I had a seven year boy running in front of me and next to me along the course he was really excited to be running a race which was very neat to see his excitement.

I finished with a time of 43:58.





1 comment:

Amy said...

Good job!
I didn't even know Lewisville had a grand theater!